Thursday 24 October 2013

Alex Ronald - Sister Whacked!


Phew, now there's a provocative cover if ever I saw one! The last time we saw a nun on the cover of the Megazine it was for Soul Sisters, which I was kinda trying to forget. The incomparable Alex Ronald was responsible for this filth and if you like it, then I heartily recommend you pick up his excellent Vampire Vixens of the Wehrmacht. I have to say it was my favourite comic of the year and is available digitally for the ridiculously low price of £3.00, buy it here, right now, I promise you won't be disappointed!  

Below we see Alex's original sketch, which is pretty damn close to the original...

Dirty habit

And here's Alex's wankin- I mean reference material. Hmmm, I'd love to have a trawl through his internet history...

 Naturally, as editor of this blog, I have to inspect every picture I get rigorously

And more reference, this time to this wicked looking shooter!

This is my boomstick! 

And Chastity's belt...

Chastity Belt

Below we see Alex's painting of Dredd and the city, before "the babe, smoke and chaos obscured most of it!"

Meg is burning! Meg is burning! Fetch the lawman! Fetch the lawman! 

And here's the final image again, Alex said "I was well chuffed to get this gig! My favourite comic character ad a half naked nun. Dream job!" Well, when he puts it like that...

 
Twisted sister

Here's how the cover looks on the shelves - blooming gorgeous!

Show him you're cross, Sister McBride!

Mega thanks to Alex for sending the images, I desperately hope we see more covers from him as he truly is one of my favourite artists at the moment. Check out his excellent blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment