Tuesday 20 April 2010

Willsher Reigns!

I have to say I like nothing more than a stock Dredd cover and Ben Willsher has certainly produced a winner here. A mean and moody Dredd standing in the rain against an absolutely gorgeously coloured background. Amazing stuff!

Here's Ben's 'mock-up' of the cover which is damned impressive in it's own right...
Next his sublime inks (hey Tharg, I want a 2000AD colouring book, dammit!)And finally the finished piece, oh man those Mega City colours are outstanding!
Remember, you can visit Ben's site here and check out some seriously cool work, like these...



Thanks to Ben for sending these great images!

1 comment:

  1. It really is a striking and strangely beautiful cover. You're right about the colours too. When I opened up my subscriber's envelope and this was revealed, I was very impressed.

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete